Take the Pledge
To Clean Up Your Community
Governor John Bel Edwards, in partnership with the Lieutenant Governor’s Office and Keep Louisiana Beautiful, declared the fourth Saturday of every month in 2022 “Love the Boot Day.” Pledge to clean up your neighborhood, a park, a roadway, or another space in your community. After each cleanup, please submit a Cleanup Pledge Report. If you cannot commit to every fourth Saturday, please select a day that works for you. Large or small, every cleanup makes a difference!
10 WAYS YOU CAN LOVE THE BOOT AND LET LOUISIANA Shine
There’s so much we can do in our daily lives to keep litter out of Louisiana. Here are some ways you can keep Louisiana beautiful.
- When you see litter, pick it up.
- Keep your garbage bags tied tight and cover your bins to shield trash from the wind and wildlife.
- Keep a trash bag in your vehicle and dispose of your trash properly when you get home.
- Don’t toss cigarette butts out your vehicle window! Use a travel ashtray to keep cigarette butts off our roadways.
- Check the bed of your truck to ensure it’s free of trash and debris that could fly out and become litter.
- When transporting large items, secure your load with tarps, nets, or tie-downs.
- Don’t toss food or food containers onto roadways. Not only is this litter unsightly, but it can also kill wildlife.
- Organize a litter cleanup or volunteer for one in your community.
- Use a reusable grocery bag to reduce the number of plastic bags that become litter.
- Spread the word! Share photos and videos showcasing Louisiana’s beauty and what you’re doing to protect it with the hashtag #LetLouisianaShine.