Posted on Jun 21, 2016 | Newsletter Archives
Keep Louisiana Beautiful’s Everyday Hero Award Nominations Open
BATON ROUGE, LA – Keep Louisiana Beautiful (KLB) wants to honor Louisiana’s “Everyday Hero’s” by presenting eight awards to groups, companies and individuals whose exemplary efforts, large and small, help to keep our state beautiful. KLB will honor the winners with the distinction of “Everyday Hero” at KLB’s state conference awards banquet in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on Sept. 28, 2016.
Eligible nominees include nonprofits, Keep America Beautiful (KAB) affiliates, businesses, professional groups, governmental agencies, civic and community organizations, schools, churches and individuals. To nominate an Everyday Hero, visit our Everyday Heroes Awards page and click the link to download the application. The deadline to submit a nomination is Sept. 2, 2016.
Everyday Hero Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Alice Foster Award – An individual volunteer with exceptional leadership in litter prevention, waste reduction, recycling and beautification.
- Golden Can Award – A public servant who displays a deep commitment to KLB’s mission in their daily work by going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Most Innovative Program – A successful beautification, litter prevention or waste reduction program led by a school, civic group, nonprofit or KAB affiliate.
- Youth Award – A student or youth-led group that displays creative thinking, demonstrates effective leadership, engages peer participation and makes a significant impact on their community.
- Outstanding Affiliate – A KAB affiliate that shows fortitude, leadership, creative, diverse programming and community engagement.
- Outstanding Affiliate Director – A KLB affiliate director who demonstrates exceptional dedication to KLB’s mission and leadership in building a strong and sustainable organization.
- Corporate Leadership Award – A business that exhibits a consistent dedication to KLB’s mission, environmental stewardship and community enrichment.
- Law Enforcement Recognition Award: This new award recognizes law enforcement personnel including Justices of the Peace, Constables, judges, and code enforcement officers who are successful at enforcing state, parish or city litter and illegal dumping laws.
The awards banquet will be held at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center in the Heidelberg Ballroom on Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2016 from 6:30 pm to 9 pm. The banquet is open to the public and tickets may be purchased in advance for $50.