Posted on May 05, 2016 | KLB Press Releases
Keep Louisiana Beautiful is Hiring a Development and Communications Manager
The Development and Communications Manager is responsible for directing the fundraising and communication efforts for Keep Louisiana Beautiful. This position works with the Executive Director to identify funding sources, secures donations and manages the process. This position handles marketing and communication duties across multiple medias to heighten awareness and educate the public to take personal responsibility for a clean and green Louisiana. This position provides support as needed for programs and marketing events. Performs administrative duties related to the effective execution of the primary duties
This position is between 30 to 40 hours a week. It’s a salaried position based on the candidate’s experience. The position reports to the Executive Director. Regular work hours are Monday to Friday. Office located in the Mandeville/Covington area. Some occasional in-state travel required. Work performed with minimal supervision. Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application period from May 5 until filled. No phone calls please.
- Research and identify additional funding sources for KLB.
- Create and manage an annual fundraising calendar that includes deadlines, requirements and action items.
- Identify fundable items within KLB’s scope of work.
- Write proposals and grants to secure funding from foundations and corporate/private sectors.
- Oversee the monitoring requirements including tracking, reporting and management of outcomes.
COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Update content and manage the KLB website.
- Write promotional and educational materials.
- Serve as staff liason to the communication agency.
- Manage all social media platforms for KLB including Facebook and Twitter. Generate reports as requested.
- Write and distribute the electronic newsletter quarterly.
- Write press releases and manage the distribution. Follow up with the media to secure print and electronic placement. Track secured media.
- Represent KLB by exhibiting at conferences, making presentation and participating in other marketing opportunities as directed by the Executive Director.
- Act as agency spokesperson as directed by the Executive Director.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant current events, legislation, experts, trends and a variety of subject matter related to KLB programs and its affiliate network.
- Assist in the review of KLB’s grant applications.
- Assist staff as needed to implement KLB projects and special events.
- Prepare informational responses and short presentations of data.
- Generate activity reports and summaries.
- Attend continuing education workshops and conferences as determined by the Executive Director.
- Create webinars, Power Point presentations and print materials as needed.
- Respond to letter, email and telephone requests for information or technical assistance appropriately.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, communications, marketing or a related field.
- Background in Education, Communications, Fundraising, Marketing, Environmental Studies or Sustainability desired.
- At least 3 years of fundraising and grant writing experience desired.
- Marketing, public relations and non-profit management experience required.
- At least three references required.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Congenial, helpful with a willingness to accept new challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Creative thinker with good problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with exceptional organizational skills.
- Work well independently or as part of a team.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must know Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Use Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator helpful.
- Working knowledge of website content management and social media postings.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with local community leaders, government elected officials, local government staff, state agencies, KLB affiliates and other groups.
- Understand and interpret written technical material.
- Knowledge of basic business/office practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with KLB board, advisory board, affiliates and staff.
- Maintain appropriate driver’s license applicable to job responsibilities and have a good driving record.
- Must be able to hear, speak and see.
- Must be able to sit five (5) to eight (8) hours daily.
- Must be able to stand for two (2) to five (5) hours daily.
- Must be able to drive a car.
- Must be able to bend, stretch and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to assemble and disassemble exhibits.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . The application period is open from May 5, 2016 until filled. No phone calls please.