Posted on Feb 07, 2017 | News
Keep Louisiana Beautiful is Hiring a Program and Administrative Coordinator
Keep Louisiana Beautiful is the state’s leading non-profit organization that brings people together to build and sustain vibrant, clean communities. Through our actions and impact, we help create communities that are socially connected, environmentally healthy and economically sound. Our mission is to promote personal, corporate and community responsibility for a clean and beautiful Louisiana.
PROGRAM AND ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR POSITION SUMMARY
The primary component of this job involves the coordination of programs, grants and general administrative duties. This is a full-time 40 hours/week, salaried position that reports to the Executive Director. This position is based in Covington, Louisiana. Regular work hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with occasional weekend and after hours required. Some in-state and overnight travel required. Work performed with minimal supervision.
Affiliate Support —
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of national Keep America Beautiful (KAB) program standards and practices.
- Support KLB affiliates by providing technical and program assistance and training.
- Assist in the certification of new KAB affiliates and improve the state’s Good Standing rating.
- Conduct bi-monthly affiliate support webinars and/or conference calls.
- Monitor, track and manage the Circle of Excellence Award for affiliates.
Program Management —
- Assist in planning and implementing KLB’s programs and events.
- Coordinate and monitor the Healthy Communities and Trash Receptacle grant
Administrative Support —
- Review and disseminate KAB and KLB materials.
- Compile data, prepare reports, research and write materials for internal and external use.Update and distribute affiliate directories and other reference materials.
- Prepare, maintain and manage a variety of data Excel spreadsheets including donors, volunteers, grant recipients, conference attendees, KLB affiliates and partners.
- Prepare agendas, summary and action points for meetings and conference calls as directed.
- Create webinars, Power Point presentations and print materials as needed.
- Undertake other responsibilities as needed and directed by Executive Director.
- Represent KLB by exhibiting at conferences, making presentation and participating in other marketing opportunities as directed by the Executive Director.
- Keep updated Constant Contact list and manage account.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, communications, marketing or a related field.At least 3 years in transferable experience required.
- Background in environmental studies or sustainability desired.
- Non-profit experience desired.
- Special event and program coordination experience required.
- Experience with Excel, Word, Powerpoint required.
- Marketing and public relations desired.
- At least three references required.
Additional Skills and Abilities —
- Congenial, helpful with a willingness to accept new challenges.
- Abiliity to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Creative thinker with good problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Works well independently or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of basic business/office practices.
- Has a driver’s license and a good driving record.
Physical Demands —
- Must be able to hear, speak and see.
- Must be able to sit five (5) to eight (8) hours daily.
- Must be able to stand for two (2) to five (5) hours daily.
- Must be able to drive a car.
- Must be able to bend, stretch and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to assemble and disassemble exhibits.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, three references and the salary range you are seeking to firstname.lastname@example.org.